NHL hockey betting is probably one of my favorite things to wager on outside of football. And there is no team that I am more excited about this year than the Washington Capitals. To say they are on fire this season is to do a disservice to the reality of the situation- they are ripping up the NHL in a way that few teams have done in recent years.
Betting on Hockey – Capitals Dominate NHL
The Caps currently have 44 wins which are the most victories through 58 games in the history of the NHL. The league’s scoring leader is again the incredible Alexander Ovechkin who has the potential to lead all players in scoring for the fourth straight year. The only other player to do that was the Great One, Wayne Gretzky, during the heyday of the Edmonton Oilers. In other words, they are the real deal.
NHL Wagering Lines – Statistics and Odds
As it stands today, and as it has been all season, Ovie and company are unequivocally the best team in hockey. Detractors will point out that they’ve never made a deep run in the playoffs, but you can easily make the case that they’ve never had a team this talented. Let’s look at some of the talent on this team:
- Alex Ovechkin, the team’s captain, is leading the league in goals (again) and will surely be in the discussion for the league’s MVP trophy.
- Braden Holtby, the team’s star goaltender, leads the league in wins and is in the top 5 in both GAA and Save %. He will be the front runner for the Vezina trophy which is given to the league’s top netminder.
- Nicklas Backstrom, the team’s top line center, is a point a game player and is fresh off his first All Star Game appearance.
- Barry Trotz, the team’s head coach, is in his second year behind the bench and comes with a decade plus worth of credibility from his time in Nashville with the Predators. He’s going to be in the mix for the Jack Adams trophy which is given to the league’s top coach.
- Lastly, there’s 23-year-old Evgeny Kuznetsov who just happens to lead the team in scoring (62 points) which is good for 5th in the league.
But enough about individual accomplishments. The Capitals also lead the league in power play percentage at 23.2%, are second in the league in total power play goals at 43, and they’re 4th in penalty kill percentage at 84.7%. They’re the only team in the league that sits in the top 5 in both PP and PK percentage. If you are going to do some NHL hockey betting online then look at the Washington Capitals every game.
They also have an 18-point lead on the second place New York Rangers for top spot in the Atlantic Division. To put that in perspective, no other division leader has more than a 5-point cushion. They’re also leading the league in goals (194 and counting), and have conceded the lowest amount of goals in the league at 133- good for a whopping +61 goal differential.
NHL Future Bets – Washington Capitals Win the Stanley Cup
The Caps are good. Historically good. They’re the best team in hockey and may have the league’s most dangerous weapon in Alex Ovechkin. It’s time to start appreciating the quality of hockey we’re seeing from the Capitals, but with the way it’s looking we’ll be able to appreciate this all the way until June. Which is a good reminder to look seriously at putting some money on a future bet for the Capitals to win it all this year- and to hoist the Stanley Cup.
NHL Hockey Betting – Best Online Sportsbook Lines
It’s hard to dig the puck out of the corner when you are sitting on the bench! Get your skates on with our 100% Match Bonus to $500 when you create an account with RealBet. Like speed and action? Then stop by the RealBet Casino for the best in online Craps and Slots. RealBet Real Teeth.