Welcome back to our online sports recap for the week of September 21- 27th. No shortage of action and high drama in the world of sports and as usual our recap has lots of highlights. If you can’t wait to know what is going on real time, then sign up to our news service and get all the up to the minute details. Whether it was Baseball, Golf, Auto Sports, Soccer, or Tennis, it was exciting this past week.
Baseball Playoffs Nearing as Races Tighten
Baseball heated up and the Toronto Blue Jays continue their torrid scoring pace posting an incredible +223 Run Differential for the season to date. Tight races still in the super talented National League Central Division with the St. Louis Cardinals still closing out first place despite already having 99 wins.
Golf – Jordan Speith wins the Tour Championship and the FedEx Cup
This week was a big one for golf as Jordan Speith is announced as the winner of the Tour Championchip and the FedEx Cup! LPGA and PGA competitions continue. Check out the highlights below:
- Jordan Speith continues to be a one many wrecking crew in golf as he won both the Tour Championship this past week for $1.5 million, and also won the Fedex Cup bonus of $10 million. Speith is almost certainly a slam dunk for the 2015 PGA Player of the Year and has won a combined $22 million on tour at the age of 22.
- The LPGA is on a week’s rest following international competition in the Solheim Cup and the cancellation of the Reignwood LPGA Classic in China.
- After a week off the PGA gears up for the Presidents Cup in South Korea which pits golfers from the U.S. against an international team in golf’s version of Bloodsport.
Formula One and NASCAR – The Germans Dominate in Japan
Open for betting now: 2015 Sprint Cup Championship.
Formula One and NASCAR races put the petal to the metal in an exciting week of car racing. Here are the highlights:
- Mercedes again won 1 and 2 with Lewis Hamilton and Nico Roseberg taking the top two spots in the Japanese Grand Prix.
- Kevin Harvick ran out gas at the New Hampshire Speedway in Dover after leading for over 70% of the race only to watch Matt Kenseth take the checkered flag.
Soccer – Ronaldo Scores Record Goals but Remains Much Less Likable than Messi
Open for betting now: International Soccer, UEFA EURO 2016 Qualifiers, UEFA EURO 2016 Qualifying Groups, 2015/2016 English Premier League, 2015/2016 Italian Serie A, 2015/2016 Spanish La Liga Primera Division, 2015/2016 German Bundesliga, 2015/2016 French Ligue 1, 2015/2016 Dutch Eredivisie, 2015 Swedish Allsvenskan, 2015 Norwegian Tippeligaen, Major League Soccer, 2015 MLS Cup
This was a big week in soccer as Ronaldo scored record goals. Despite that, it is no doubt that Messi is still the fan-favourite. Also in the news, FIFA in trouble. Catch the highlights below:
- Ronaldo scored his 500th career goal and tied the Real Madrid scoring record as he pulled level with the inestimable Raul. Ronaldo was gracious in sharing credit with his Real Madrid teammates and thanked them for not getting in his way.
- FIFA continues to struggle with its image as the FIFA executive who is to step into international villain Sepp Blatter’s shoes is now himself under criminal investigation. Given the nature of FIFA, it will probably take hiring the janitor as president to actually find someone in that organization who is “clean”.
Tennis – ATP Continues as Canadian wins Russian Event
This week in Tennis heated up as the winners for the Petersburg Open and WTA Kora Opens were announced. See who won below.
- Milos Raonic of Canada won the ATP St. Petersburg Open.
- Irina Begu won the WTA Kora Open.
In Next Week’s RealBet Weekly Sports Recap
The world of sport never sleeps which is why we here at RealBet always look tired. There are plenty of sports events to bet on online and here is a look at what is coming this week:
- Baseball is down to the wire as the season comes to an end and playoffs begin.
- NFL Week 4 promises even more smack mouth gridiron madness than ever before- and the return of Michael Vick in case you weren’t scared enough.
- NCAA Football enters Week 5 with key matches scheduled.
- Formula One teams head from Japan to Russia to prepare for the Russian Gran Prix.
- NASCAR promises to drive real fast in circles as they get ready for the Sprint Cup Series at Dover.
- Soccer continues to be the world’s game with key matchups in all the major leagues and the ritual wearing of headbands.
- The Presidents Cup in South Korea sees the best of U.S. men’s golfers versus the Rest of World, with all of the attendant smack talk that one might expect in international relations.
Get off the sidelines and get on the field when you open an online sportsbook account with RealBet. Our 100% up to $300 Sign Up Bonus is the best free money online and means when you place your bets you are already making money. Don’t forget to refer your friends to RealBet as well, and everyone wins with our 25% up to $250 Refer-a-Friend Bonus. The best sportsbook and bonuses online!