Here is our online sports recap for the week of September 14- 20. Get caught up on all the action and the scores as well as previewing what is coming next week. Don’t want to miss a thing? Then go ahead and subscribe to our news and get all the info as it happens. It was a busy week in Baseball, Football, Golf, Car Racing, Soccer and Tennis with all of the details below.
NFL Week 2 – The 2015 Season Heats Up
The awesomeness that was Week 2 of the 2015 NFL season took place last weekend much to the relief of bookies everywhere. Check out how the results stack up against our Pick 6 free football picks for Week 2, and you will understand how we are 14-4!
- The Denver Broncos rode roughshod over the Kansas City Chiefs 31-24.
- The Houston Texans did not remember the Alamo and lost to the Carolina Panthers 24-17.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers beat the San Francisco 49ers 43-18.
- The surprising Tampa Bay Buccaneers boarded and sunk the New Orleans Saints 26-19.
- The Minnesota Vikings went berserker on the toothless Detroit Lions for a 26-16 win.
- The Arizona Cardinals embarrassed the bad news Chicago Bears 48-23.
- The New England Patriots stampeded the Buffalo Bills 40-32.
- The San Diego Chargers looked like prey to the Cincinnati Bengals losing 24-19.
- The Tennessee Titans seemed puny compared to the majestic Cleveland Browns losing 28-14.
- The Atlanta Falcons soared over the New York Giants 24-20.
- The Washington Redskins turned the St. Louis Rams into mutton chops winning 24-14.
- The Miami Dolphins were canned into tuna by the Jacksonville Jaguars losing 23-20.
- The Baltimore Ravens quoth “Nevermore”, as they actually lost to the Oakland Raiders 37-33. Yes, you read that right.
- The Dallas Cowboys sacrificed Tony Romo to the football gods in exchange for beating long time rivals the Philadelphia Eagles 20-10.
- The sad and dreary Seattle Seahawks lost damply to the Green Bay Packers 27-17.
- The New York Jets broke the Indianapolis Colts 20-7.
NCAA Football- Week 3 Had Some Surprise Upsets
College football continues to be the most exciting way to bet football online. Big matchups this week as long standing rivalries heated up and even the cheerleaders got mean.
- #11 Clemson narrowly beat Louisville 20-17.
- #9 Florida State shut out Boston College 14-0.
- Air Force was not all it could be against #4 Michigan losing 35-21.
- #12 Oregon beat Georgia State 61-28.
- #13 LSU easily topped #18 Auburn 45-21.
- #1 Ohio State slipped by Northern Illinois 20-13.
- #8 Notre Dame slipped #14 Georgia Tech a mickey to win 30-22.
- #3 TCU beat SMU 56-37 in the Acronyms Bowl.
- The #6 USC Trojans were shredded by rich kids at Stanford.
- #2 Alabama lost the “Belle of the Cotillion” award to Ole Miss in a 43-37 upset.
- #10 UCLA said cyu to BYU 24-23.
Baseball- Thankfully the Season Winds Down and Teams Fight for Playoff Spots
MLB players and fans both continued to be amazed at how many games are still left in what feels like two seasons worth of baseball. The drama has increased however as teams compete to get into the playoffs- which is a nice change from July when no one can really remember what happened.
- The Baltimore Orioles swept the Washington Nationals 3-0.
- The Boston Red Sox lost their series to the Tamp Bay Rays 3-1.
- The New York Yankees were again embarrassed by the Toronto Blue Jays 2-1 in their series.
- The Chicago White Sox split their series with the Detroit Tigers 2-2.
- The Cleveland Indians lost their series with the Minnesota Twins 2-1.
- The Kansas City Royals beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their series.
- The Houston Astros won their series with the Oakland Athletics 2-1.
- The Los Angeles Angels swept the Minnesota Twins 3-0 in rain delayed series.
- The Texas Rangers completed their weekend series losing to the Seattle Mariners 2-1.
- The Atlanta Braves swept the Philadelphia Phillies 3-0 in their series.
- The Miami Marlins win their series with the New York Mets 2-1.
- The Chicago Cubs beat the St. Louis Cardinals 2-1 in their weekend series.
- The Cincinnati Reds won their series against the Milwaukee Brewers 2-1.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates continue to “aarr” beating the LA Dodger 2-1 in their series.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks beat the San Francisco Giants 2-1.
Golf- Jason Day Makes a Case for Player of the Year and Women’s Golf Goes International
- Jason Day continues his sensational rise from rags to riches winning the BMW Championship.
- The Solheim Cup took place in France as the best women golfers from the USA beat Europe’s best frauleins 14.5 to 13.5. Everyone was too afraid to invite the South Koreans.
- The action heats up for men’s golf next week with the Fed Ex cup race wrapping up and a 10 million dollar bonus going to the winner.
Formula One and NASCAR- Hamlin Calls the Tune and Ferrari Finally Wins
- Sebastian Vettel won the Singapore Grand Prix for Ferrari and Daniel Ricciardo and RedBull/Renault came in second- apparently Red Bull gives you just ok wings.
- Denny Hamlin and Toyota led an action packed race in Chicago with Kevin Harvick and Chevy finishing second.
Soccer- Europe Continues to See Fantastic Games and Sepp Blatter Investigated
- Manchester City and Chelsea continue to struggle as Arsenal and Manchester United keep winning.
- News from FIFA is that Sepp Blatter is being investigated, *gasp*, for pretty much being a cartoon villain.
Tennis- A Week Off after the US Open
- ATP events in Malaysia, Russia, France and China begin next week.
Next Week’s Sports Recap
Action continues across the world of sport and RealBet will be there to help online sports fans wager on all of it. Here is a preview of what is to come:
- Baseball will decide wild cards and divisional winners.
- NFL Week 3 aims to up the juice with more from the likes of Brady and Gronk.
- NCAA Football continues exploiting students for billions of dollars.
- The Japanese Grand Prix runs September 27th in, well, Japan.
- NASCAR returns to the New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the Sprint Cup Series.
- European and MLS Soccer continue league action sprinkled with lots of diving and feigned injury.
If you are already watching sports then you might as well be betting on them and cashing in. Get in on all the sports betting action and take advantage of RealBet’s fantastic 100% up to $300 Deposit Bonus to start wagering and winning. Share and Like us!